The English for Oil and Gas course has been developed to equip sector professionals or students who intend to work in the Oil and Gas industry with the vital English language skills needed to operate in an international environment. This course will provide you with an insight into a wide variety of oil and gas industry fields and situations develop your ability to communicate in an Oil and Gas environment and provide you with a strong grasp of major Oil and Gas concepts.
English for Oil and Gas Industry at New College Group
This course is designed to meet the needs of students and Oil and Gas professionals who aspire toward an international career in oil and gas, however it can also be tailored to meet the specific needs of Executives, Managers or technical engineers.
Who will lead this course?
An expert in English with a deep understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry.
Aims of the course?
- To develop your ability to read and comprehend a variety of oil and gas-based texts which an oil and gas professional will be exposed to on a daily basis
- To significantly develop your oil and gas specific vocabulary
- To improve your ability to comprehend spoken English when used in typical oil and gas settings
- To increase your ability to write about oil and gas related topics that you will be dealing with every day as an oil and gas professional
- To enhance your ability to communicate in an international business environment and more specifically in an oil and gas setting
Key Oil and Gas Topics Include:
- Finding Oil and Gas
- Safety and Risk Management
- Natural Gas
- Oil and the environment
- Pipes and pipelines
- Engineering and Construction
- Petro chemicals
- Transportation and storage
- Careers in Oil and Gas